Celebrate 14 Years of Firestone Walker at Toronado
Firestone Walker, the popular brewery based in Paso Robles, turns 14 this year. Since 2006 (their tenth anniversary), they've been brewing a barrel-aged beer each November, enlisting a group of vintners from the nearby Santa Ynez wine country to help them formulate the perfect blend. The 14th Anniversary edition was released at the brewery on November 6, and the celebration continues tonight at Toronado, with brewery representatives on hand.
The components of the 14th Anniversary beer are the company's Double Double Barrel, Sticky Monkey, Velvet Merkin, Parabola, Good Foot, and Black Xantus ales, all but the first of which are aged in bourbon or brandy barrels. The resulting beer is heady, aromatic, and high in alcohol-- a perfect candidate for a year or two of aging in a home cellar.
Toronado will have a rare keg of the 14th Anniversary brew for one night only (tonight!), along with bottles of this and previous vintages to take home (while supplies last). Get there from 6 to 8 to meet the brewers, or head in later that night to sample.
Friday, November 10 at Toronado, 547 Haight St. (at Fillmore), Lower Haight. Phone: (415) 863-2276.
- Sierra Nevada's 30th at Toronado Tonight
- Reading Roundup: This Week's Top Literary Events
- Foodie Agenda: Oktoberfest at Jasper's Corner Tap, Roli Roti's Ten-Year Anniversary, and more
- Photos: Mandarin Oriental, San Francisco's 25th Anniversary Year
- Chez Panisse Continues Its 40th Anniversary Celebrations, Here's How To Make the Most of It