"Looking" Star Jonathan Groff Spices Things Up at POPera!
The San Francisco Opera Guild celebrated their 75th anniversary Thursday, April 10, with POPera! Departing from the opera's traditional association with foreign languages and a massive stage, POPera! took the form of a chic soiree and a lively cabaret, complete with an appearance by San Francisco golden boy, Jonathan Groff (of HBO's Looking fame).
Benefactors and performers alike kick-started the evening with cocktails and a festive buffet in the historic Gold Room at the Fairmont Hotel. Throughout the evening, guests bid on fabulous auction packages with proceeds supporting the San Francisco Opera Guild’s award-winning music education programs.
Following dinner, guests were treated to an evening of caberet, hosted by the talented Grammy Award-Winning Soprano Deborah Voigt. The cabaret show included spirited performances by iconic stars such as Laura Benanti, Romanza, and Groff for the perfect combination of contemporary performance with a nod to opera's history.
- We Wanna Be Friends With "Looking" Star Jonathan Groff
- Design Community Celebrates the Launch of Jay Jeffers' "Collected Cool"
- Oliver Peoples Brings Sunny Style to Maiden Lane
- Tipping Point and Barneys New York Battle Bay Area Poverty in Style
- Zooey Deschanel, Parker Posey, and Gia Coppola Attend SF Film Society Awards