Now's your chance to go self-care crazy, immerse yourself in a veritable Goop wonderland, and check out Gwyneth's glowing skin in person.
In Goop Health comes to life on Saturday, November 16th at Craneway Pavilion in Richmond. Tickets to the wellness symposium, put on by Gwyneth Paltrow's lifestyle brand, are still available. The day-long experience will be filled with speaker panels, workshops and self-care experiences related to all things, wellness, beauty and health; plus super-duper (mostly) healthy eats and elixirs, shopping, and, of course, killer gift bags.
"In Goop Health (IGH) takes our content offline and gives our community an opportunity to come together and explore their mental, physical and emotional selves in a high-touch, envelope-pushing way," says Elise Loehnen, Goop's chief content officer and Paltrow's summit co-host.
Key topics for the San Francisco event are sustainability and innovation, stress reduction, race, connection, and money.
Saturday marks summit number eight for the LA-based biz and first in the Bay Area. Indeed, it's about time the event landed here, considering the SF market is one of Goop's most engaged. "And many of the experts, doctors, scientists and business people leading global conversations around wellness live here," Loehnen adds.
Just a few local experts on the bill include: BJ Miller, palliative care physician at UCSF Medical Center, April Gargiulo, Napa native and founder of cult skincare brand Vintner's Daughter, Bonnie Wan, San Anselmo-ian creative, marketer and author of The Life Brief, a practice that helps people live with intention and imagination; Rhonda V. Magee, professor at University of San Francisco's School of Law; and Shauna Shapiro, PhD, mindfulness and compassion expert, and Mill Valley resident.
(Getty Images for goop)
So how exactly does the day play out? Doors open at 8am, the opening ceremony starts at 9:30am and happy hour ends at 7pm with all the Goop-y goodness in between. Each $1,000 Summit Pass gives you access to:
- All the panels and talks. We're most looking forward to the Morning and Evening Firesides with GP—a chat about death with BJ Miller and a conversation with spiritual leader and 2020 Democratic presidential candidate Marianne Williamson.
- Choice of four smaller studio workshops focused on physical, emotional, mental and spiritual well-being. Our top picks: Skincare Master Class with facialist Anastasia Achilleos, the woman responsible for Gwyn's enviable complexion; Manifesting Your Authentic Self with Will Siu, MD, psychiatrist and Jennifer Freed, PhD, psychotherapist and psychological astrologer; Developing Intuition with intuitive counselor Nicki Bonfilio: and Quieting Your Inner Critic with Tara Mohr, certified coach and author..
- All-day yummy nourishment from local faves As Quoted, Jane on Fillmore, Jonny Doughnuts, Urban Remedy, Belcampo Meat Co., Mixt and more.
- The pop-up shop filled with Goop-approved gear, including beauty and books to be signed by featured authors.
- Self-care/wellness stations offering experiences from Bay Area providers—B12 shots by B12 Love, nail art by Lux SF, stretching from Maiden Lane studios and tarot reading by the Scarlet Sage Herb Co. and more.
- OMG- and om-worthy goody bag.
Let the wellness palooza begin.
P.S. Even if you can't swing the summit, you can still get your Goop fix: On Friday, November 15th, Goop Lab opens the doors to a permanent SF storefront at 2121 Fillmore Street.
// In Goop Health takes place on Saturday, November 16th at Craneway Pavilion, 1414 Harbour Way S. (Richmond); for tickets and more deets, go to in-goop-health-sf-2019.eventfarm.com