This week, Gabe Johnson's street style, combined with the growing buzz around SF hosting the America's Cup, inspired me to round up a collection of nautical wears, fit for land or water.
What's really great about this trend is that you can go full sail with a head-to-toe look or, for a more subtle approach, nautical staples like striped sweaters (#3) and classic Sperry boat shoes (#5) easily blend into any wardrobe. Best of all, this is one trusty trend that comes back every year. Cheers to smooth sailing ahead.
1. Marc by Marc Jacobs Aviator Sungalsses, $234.51
2. OBEY Munition 5 Panel Hat, $32
3. Saint James Bicnic II Striped Sweater, $215
4. Folk Striped Buckley Belt, $102
5. Sperry 2 Eye Nylon and Suede Boat Shoes, $80
6. Saturdays Surf NYC Ennis Two-Tone Swim Shorts, $75
7. Fred Perry Deconstructed Holdall Bag, $110
Lily Ko (lily.7x7 @ gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is an editor at SF Station, and works as a freelance stylist and apparel designer.