Boy, we've got the blues.
From unexpected suiting to fun socks (and everything in-between), the men's spring/summer 2012 runways were flooded with blue. The trick is to wear it together, but think complementary-monochromatic-chain-reaction, not solid-single-shade -- pair navy with cobalt, indigo with sky, and throw in a little tangerine for extra zing, or a white shirt for a breezy seaside look.
What's particularly nice about this trend is that, chances are, you already have a solid case of the blues. Use it. Cast a few new pieces (in bolder shades) and mix them in with your favorite navy cardigan, and that trusty striped dress shirt for a fresh spring look.
1. Brera Eterno Chrono Watch, $650
2. Acne Suede Desert Boots, $500
3. Gap Essential V-Neck T, $16.95
4. The Hill-Side Selvedge Guatemalan Hand-Woven Tie, $83
5. Mosley Tribes Merchant Sunglasses, $180
6. Orlebar Brown Bulldog Geometric Print Swim Shorts, $240
7. ASOS Skinny Fit Suit, $197.26
Lily Ko (lily.7x7 @ gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is an editor at SF Station, and works as a freelance stylist and apparel designer.