1. Nightlife on Other Planets Fashion Show at SF Unitarian Church (1187 Franklin St.), Friday Jun 3, 7:30pm-10pm, $10.
Local designer, Ilanio's new line debuts tonight with an exobiological fashion show, set to the dancey psych-rock of Jai Young Kim. Expect fetishy, synthetic materials, neon colors, and odd shapes. To get even crazier, the SF Unitarian Church will play runway.
2. Cocktails and Clothing 4th Anniversary Party + Omala Bamboo Activewear Trunk Show at Informed Body (389 Grove St.), Friday June 3-4, see website for times, free-$45.
Informed Body is celebrating its 4th anniversary with a total wellness weekend. On Friday, shop the eco-bamboo activewear line, Omala, and sip on free cocktails. On Saturday, take in a pilates or yoga class ($30), and try a healthy food cleanse ($15) before more Omala shopping. Phone 415.626.1111 to RSVP.
3. Decadestwo Flash Sale at The Firehouse (Fort Mason), Saturday June 4, 10am - 7pm.
This Saturday, Hollywood-based luxe consignment shop, Decadestwo, will hold a one day flash sale in SF, selling both A-list designer and vintage pieces from their archives. And if you have any strings, pull them to attend the private cocktail party and vintage gown auction going down tonight. The lowest bids start at $100, and all proceeds will benefit Artists for Peace and Justice.
4. Spring Camp Gorgeous at Neiman Marcus + Guerlain National Artistry Event at Neiman Marcus (150 Stockton St.), Sunday June 5-12, during store hours.
We love a good gift-with-purchase, so we're thinking now's a good time to shop beauty. Spend $85 on cosmetics or fragrances at NM and receive an exclusive bag with all sorts of goodies from Estee Lauder, Supersmile, Kate Somerville, Kiehl's, Tom Ford and more. Also, shop on Wednesday June 8, and enjoy the Guerlain National Artistry Event from 11am-6pm.
5. Citywide Yard Sale in Palo Alto, Saturday June 4, 8am-2pm.
If ever you needed an excuse to explore Palo Alto, get lost this weekend in their city-wide yard sale. Hunt for vintage, furniture, and other past treasures, at bargain prices. The Palo Alto Zero Waste Program organized the sale and we're asking, where's ours, SF?
6. LHC Couture Fashion Party at SOMA Grand Club Room (1160 Mission St. 5th Fl.), Sunday June 5, 11am-3pm.
Preview the LHC Couture Fall 2011 collection and shop with cocktails, cupcakesa and 20% off. Custom design consultations and free makeovers will be available throughout the evening. Also, check out local jewelry designer, Kaatje's pieces to accessorize your LHC threads.
7. Gangs of San Francisco Grand Opening + Kelly Malone Benefit at Gangs of SF (66 Gough St.), Thursday June 9, 7pm-11pm.
Help SF DYI authority, Kelly Malone, raise funds for her battle against cancer. Kelly skillfully designed and created the new storefront for her friend and Gangs of SF owner, Laureano Faedi. GOSF is a line of hip t-shirts and trinkets that nerds out on SF's history. $3 from every GOSF shirt purchased at the opening will be donated to Kelly's Cancer Fund.
PLUS: Department Store Spring Sales
- Nordstrom Half Yearly Sale for Women and Children
- Barney's Co-Op Spring Sale with up to 40% off regular prices on select clothing, shoes and accessories for men, women, children, and home.
- Neiman Marcus Women's Designer Sale with up to 40% off women's and up to 33% off designer goods.
- Sak's Fifth Avenue Designer Sale with up to 40% off designer selections for women and up to 30% off for men.
- Bloomingdale's Home Sale with 20%-50% off housewares.
Lily Ko (lily.7x7 @ gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is an editor at SF Station, works as a freelance stylist and covers food, fashion and fun on her blog, Curated SF.