1. Benefit's They're Real Flash Sale at Macy's(170 O'Farrell St.), Friday June 10, 10am-9pm.
Show off your real lashes with Benefit's new mascara, They're Real. The super sexy mascara features a custom brush that separates, while the unique formula sets a glossy finish. They're Real doesn't hit stores until July, but you can score it today only at Macy's Union Square (one of 6 US locations participating in the one-day preview!).
2. Caudalie Event at Sephora (2083 Union St.), Friday June 10, 4pm-7pm, Free.
Last week, we featured Caudalie's Beauty Elixir as one of our summer beauty must-haves. Today, Caudalie founder, Bertrand Thomas, will be in the Marina, talking on sun and skincare at Sephora. The French skincare line is full of sun-friendly products for achieving radiant summer skin. Don't be afraid to ask Bertrand which products are best if you like to tan, and which products work for the summer acne-prone.
3. Merry Making Fashion Show at supperclub(657 Harrison St.), Friday June 10, 9pm-2am, $15-$350.
Last year, Merry Making packed supperclub's white walls to the brim. Now they're back for a spring edition full of fashion, music and dancing. In the main room, 3 DJs will spin as models walk in designs by local indie talents: Zoe Bikini, One Mama, InLush and ShRi. The front room will feature a sizzling bar, 5 additional DJs and heavy groovin'.
4. Elevation Salon Presents WIRE at Public Works(161 Erie St.), Sunday June 12, 7pm, $10.
WIRE is a multimedia art and fashion show dedicated to promoting the importance of recycling, through art. Artist Tuan Tran's incredible "Wire Wear" collection, features sculptured dresses made of recycled telephone wire. His pieces will be worn in collaboration with a live model installation with hair and make-up by Elevation Salon. A short film in the background, and a live set by The Black Ryder will round out this artsy soiree.
5. Gilt City Shopping Event at Juicy Couture (105 Grant Ave.), Thursday June 16, 6pm-8pm, $25.
Next Thursday, join Gilt City SF for an snazzy night of shopping, at Juicy Couture. For $25 you get full access to the exclusive event (which includes free cocktail and nibbles), and $50 credit to use at during the event. You must spend a minimum of $100, but at Juicy, that's easy enough to do. Tickets are on sale now, and we suggest buying early.
6. Taylor Stitch Wine Tasting at The Common(383 Valencia St.) Thursday June 16, 7pm-10pm, Free.
The Common sure knows how to combine the classics. It's doesn't get much classier than an evening of custom mens shirting (Taylor Stitch) and wine tasting (Napa's Volta Winery). Add 10% off Taylor Stich, throw in local cheese from Bar Bambino, and you've got one heckuva pleasant evening.
PLUS: Local Sales
- Bi-annual Sale at Y&I Clothing Boutique (2101 Chetsnut St.)
- 50% Off S/S Collection Sale at Carrots(843 Montgomery St.)
- Vintage Blowout Sale at Lapin & Luxe (151 Potrero St.), Sunday June 12, 11am-3pm.
Lily Ko (lily.7x7 @ gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is an editor at SF Station, works as a freelance stylist and covers food, fashion and fun on her blog, Curated SF.