Secret Recipe: Perbacco's Olive Oil Cake
7x7 asks the city's chefs for the recipes to their most loved cocktails, bar snacks, starters, mains, and desserts. If there's a dish you can't stop thinking about and want to make at home, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Your wish may end up on the blog, along with the actual recipe from the chef.
Whip up Perbacco's delicious olive oil cake from pastry chef Laura Cronin for a guaranteed way to amaze your friends this weekend. Pair it with red and blue berries for the perfect patriotic touch, or add seasonal peaches for a touch of summer bliss. And don't forget to top it off with ice cream!
Perbacco's Olive Oil Cake
1 cup sugar
½ cup buttermilk
1 cup olive oil
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
1 ½ tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
2 tbs. lemon juice
1. Whisk together the sugar, buttermilk, eggs, olive oil, and lemon juice.
2. Sift all dry ingredients.
3. Whisk the dry into the wet ingredients until fully incorporated.
4. Pour into a 9 inch cake pan and bake at 350F for about 25 minutes or until tester comes out clean.
5. Let cool completely, unmold, and enjoy.