Yigit Pura's Favorite San Francisco Sweets
The sweet-centric Top Chef spinoff, Top Chef Just Desserts is in its fourth week—and while one of the SF cheftestants has already gotten the ax, Yigit Pura, the Turkish-born pastry chef at Taste Catering, is still in the running. The show airs each Wednesday at 10 p.m. Tune in to root for the home team.
He's already garnered a good bit of attention—maybe because of this? Looks like Mr. Pura is giving pastry chef hunk Johnny Iuzzini a run for his money. We caught up with Yigit and asked him for his top 10 San Francisco sweets. Here's his list:
- Chocolate-covered graham crackers from Kika's Treats
- The Berry Sundae (with Lavender-Honey Ice Cream) from Bi-Rite Creamery
- Lavender-Vanilla Bon Bons from Recchiuti Chocolates
- Canelles from Boulettes Larder
- Dragee Macarons from Paulette Macarons
- Nougat Ice Cream from Mr. and Mrs. Miscellaneous
- Bostoc from Tartine Bakery
- Scones at Sandbox Bakery
- Vanilla Milkshake with McEvoy olive oil at Coi Restaurant
- Any and all fruit from Tory Farms at the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market
What do you think of his list? And while we're on the topic of dessert, how close are you to completing our Big Sweet list?