Burning Man With Kids: Guide to the Playa
This is our weekly guest-blog post from the moms behind Red Tricycle, a site that focuses on the "lighter side" of parenting. Every week, they'll be bringing us their picks of stuff to do around the Bay Area with kids. Below, they give us their tips for Burning Man with kids. Read the full article here.
Labor Day weekend is creeping up on us, which can mean only one thing (besides the start of the school year): Burning Man! When we first put feelers out to our network of Moms and Dads about the idea of writing an Insider’s Guide to Burning Man with Kids we got a lot of, “no ways”, “are you crazy” and “not in this lifetime” responses. While it’s clear that the majority of Burners opt for a week of adult playtime, there are actually quite a few Burner parents who wouldn’t have it any other way.
Long-time Burner Mom Harley K. Dubois (Harley) and newbie mom Cory Mervis (Lady Merv) graciously gave us their advice and insights on life on the playa with kids. So read on Burning Moms and Dads, in honor of this years Rights Of Passage theme, we’ve compiled a list of 10 Insider Tips to make your Burning Man 2011 a fun-filled success with your Burner Babes.
Click here to read ten tips to making Burning Man with kids a success!
- Bodega Bay With Kids: What To Do, Where to Eat and Where to Stay
- The New Cool Kids: Ice Cream, Popsicles and More
- The Bay Area’s Ultimate Coastal Day Trip for Kids: Point Reyes
- The Northern California Pirate Festival and 7 Other Bay Area Summer Festivals for Kids
- The Bay Area's Best Frozen Yogurt Spots (For Kids and Adults)