Inside Mid Century Mobler's Goldmine of a Furniture Warehouse
Originally published on CaliforniaHomeDesign.com
Just how far a passion for discovering covetable design can take you depends on how far you’re willing to go to get it. At least, that’s what Julian Goldklang had in mind when, last year, he took the leap from his modest garage operation, using all his savings to fly to Europe to collect pieces to bring back to the Bay Area. Luckily, his fascination with mid-century furniture has proven to be a success: now housed in a 5000-square-foot warehouse in the Mission, Mid Century Mobler is the largest mid-century furniture dealer in Northern California—and most importantly, business is booming. Specializing in Danish modern and American mid-century furniture from the 1950s and 60s, the sparsely laid-out store inspired by Danish minimalism is home to an eclectic mix of exciting and off-the-wall finds.
Click here for more photos of Mid Century Mobler's new warehouse!
- Open House Alert! See a Mid-Century Gem by R. G. Watanabe This Sunday
- Open House Alert: Waking Up a Classic Kensington Mid-Century Modern
- Real Estate Report: Masterful Mid-Century Modernism in Russian Hill, $5.995M
- Open House Alert: A Mid-Century Berkeley Classic with Killer Views
- Inside Zendesk's Tranquil Mid-Market Office Space