Street Style Report: A Modern Southern Belle at the Embarcadero
Originally from Memphis, we spotted local gal Cristina Ziegler by the Embarcadero. We loved her polished, urban look and messy bun.
Christina's urban yet polished style stems from her greater love for design -- she's currently pursuing a masters in interior architecture & design at Academy of Art University.
What she wore: Button-down chambray shirt, skirt, belt and printed scarf all from H&M; Black leather bag by Marc by Marc Jacobs; Brown suede boots by Steve Madden, purchased from Nordstrom; La Mer double-wrapped leather band watch, purchased from Gilt.
The sock-less bun.
Seven Style Questions for Cristina:
1. I like a guy in...
Chuck Taylors or a nice pair of loafers. Shoes are always the first thing I notice.
2. What's in your bag?
I'm always carrying my iPhone, Kindle, Canon DSLR, a Moleskin sketchpad and Chapstick.
3. What would you not be caught dead in?
Vibram FiveFinger shoes. It's a cool concept, but I could never wear them.
4. What products can you not live without?
Giorgio Armani's Eyes to Kill mascara. It gives you that va va voom in all the right places.
5. What's on your holiday wish list?
An iPad Mini.
6. What style wisdom do you live by?
Less is more. A simple cover-up with eyeliner or mascara can go a long way.
7. What's your SF Top 5?
-Heart of the City Farmers Market
-Academy of Sciences
-Off the Grid
-Amelie Wine Bar
Lily Ko (lily7x7 @gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is on the creative team at Pottery Barn, and works as a freelance stylist, writer, and designer.
- Street Style Report: A Modern Patriotic Look at Harputs, Union Square
- Street Style Report: A Modern Japanese Skater, in Union Square
- Street Style Report: Modern Jazzy Threads on Fillmore
- Real Estate Report: Masterful Mid-Century Modernism in Russian Hill, $5.995M
- Real Estate Report: A Noe Valley Cottage with a Heart of Modern Glamour