Grand Prix Coffee Pop Up Now Serving Blue Bottle Coffee in Union Square
For those of you who work downtown and crave Blue Bottle coffee, the walk to Mint Plaza (not to mention the ever-present line out the door) can sometimes be enough to make you want to give up altogether. Rescuing Union Square from coffee desert status is Grand Prix, a Blue Bottle-slinging pop-up shop in Azul Lounge operating Monday through Friday from 7:30 am to 4 pm and weekends from 9 am to 3 pm.
Today only, these guys are giving free coffee to scooter riders (the name "Grand Prix" is an old Lambretta model), so get your afternoon caffeine fix if you've got one. Eventually, Kirk Harper, who also runs coffee pop ups Vega and Special Xtra, plans to set up the Lambretta Lounge inside Azul, clean up Tillman Place, and reclaim Union Square as a cool place for locals to hang. Try their signature drink, the Macau iced coffee (Harper's family hails from the tiny island near China), a cool brew made with espresso. Or, pick up some Blue Bottle beans & make your office mates jealous.
Grand Prix inside Azul Lounge, 1 Tillman Place, San Francsco.
- Po'Boys With Coffee: Little Skillet Now Serving Breakfast
- Blue Bottle + Brandy = Firelit Coffee Liqueur
- Pop-Up Pear Orchard in Union Square to Benefit Meals On Wheels Tonight
- Thermidor and Chez Papa Now Serving $5 Lunches at the Mint Plaza Farmers' Market
- Locked & Loaded: Tasting Blue Bottle's New Honduras Marcala