Locanda's Perfect Summer Cocktail
On Tuesday—a sweltering day if there was one—I made an impromptu stop at Locanda for a cocktail at the bar where I ordered the most gorgeous, most refreshing summer drink I've had in a while. I snapped a picture and immediately asked for the recipe from Michael Sager, the director of Locanda's bar program. Make it while the sun's still shining.
3/4 oz Campari
3/4 oz orange juice
3/4 oz lemon juice
3/4 oz sugar
Prosecco for topping
Orange slice for garnish
Place everything in a shaker with ice. Shake well and strain into a frozen Collins glass with ice (preferably really pretty ice). Top with Prosecco and garnish with an orange slice.
- Basil and Booze: The Perfect Summer Combo
- Nob Hill's Parallel 37 Perfects Its "Kitchen to Cocktail" Technique
- The Perfect Fall Cocktail
- Rick Bayless on Celebrity Chefs, Mexican Avocados and the Perfect Shrimp Cocktail
- The Quest for the Perfect Drambuie Cocktail Begins with 2012's Nail or Fail Showdown