Lowcard's Japan Benefit: Eats from Mission Chinese Food, The Sycamore, Blue Plate, Bar Crudo Paired With a Skate Competition
One of the coolest events lending a hand to earthquake relief efforts in Japan that we've come across in a while, this Friday's Lowbrow Japan Soiree at Club Six–brought to you by Lowcard Mag and LowSF–promises to deliver some seriously delicious food paired with a gnarly skate competition, live music, art and prizes.
You'll want to skip dinner and maybe even lunch for this one, because this feast includes complimentary non-stop eats from Mission Chinese Food, The Sycamore, Ichi Sushi, Blue Plate and Bar Crudo starting at 9 pm, combined with two-for-one drinks, $2 beers and $5 whiskey drinks from 9-10 pm.
If you're planning on bringing your skateboard to the party, show off your tricks during their Volcom Mini-Ramp competition. The first 10 to sign up (which ends at 9:45 pm) get prizes, and the 3 best skaters get even better prizes. And don't forget to drunkenly bid on raffle prizes (all proceeds go to JCCCNC to rebuild damaged or lost housing!), which include bar tabs at spots like Elixir and Delirium, tattoo and skate shop gift cards, and way more.
The best part? It's a sliding-scale donation at the door, starting at only $5. But for such a worthy cause, you might want to shell out a little more while you party the night away! If you want to make a more substantial donation, send them an email.
The Lowbrow Japan Benefit is this Friday, May 20th, starting at 9 pm and goes until 4 am. Club Six, 60 6th St., 415-863-1221.
- Lowcard's Japan Benefit: Eats from Mission Chinese Food, The Sycamore, Blue Plate, Bar Crudo Paired With a Skate Competition
- This Week in Food: Wine Pairing, Potrero Marketplace, Indian Street Food, and Chocolate Politics
- This Saturday: Food, Drink, and Pairing with Widmer Brewing
- Week in Food: Lucky Peach Launch Party, Mission Chinese Food Reopens and an Iron Chef Demos Downtown
- Cheap Date: Mission Chinese Food