These (Six New) Boots Were Made For Walking
For San Franciscans, the boot embodies the holy trinity of footwear—style, comfort, and durability.
1. Boogie Shoes
Hello, dancing shoes. The Say It Ain’t So boot by Joie is sexy and sophisticated, perfect for a night on the town.
$355; Smash Shoes, 2030 Chestnut St., 415-673-4736
2. The Workhorse
Never underestimate the durability of Frye’s Paige tall riding boot. It’s a solid choice that will hold up against San Francisco’s finicky weather, rain or shine.
$348; Azalea, 411 Hayes St., 415-861-9888
3. Pedal to the Metal
Go hardcore and stomp around town in a pair of these Flanders black biker beauts by Jeffrey Campbell.
$173; Shotwell, 320 Grant Ave., 415-399-9898
4. Up in Smoke
This season, favorite local shoe designer Martha Davis offers these covetable short-cut boots in smoky black with a solid, elegant heel.
$462; Metier, 355 Sutter, 415-989-5395, metiersf.com
5. Dual Personality
The architectural Push by LD Tuttle has a Gehry-esque split, shifted heel, and bunched leather ankle that can also be pulled up over the calf.
$748; Acrimony, 333 Hayes St.,415-861-1025, shopacrimony.com
6. Stable Condition
Suit up with the Muriel knee-high by Donald J. Pliner for a little equestrian flavor in distressed vachetta leather.
$495; Beren Shoes, berenshoes.com
- This Week in Fashion: Brooklyn Circus 3 Year Anniversary, New Treatments at The Sports Club/LA Spa, Models for a Cause Walk Off + Independence Day Sales
- Online Sale Alert: She-Bible, Made Jewelry & New Leaf Clothing
- It Bands: The 2 Bandits for Boots
- Spruce Your Boots for Less: Local Company's Collab with Target
- Beauty and the Beach: Our Boot Camp for Shoring Up