Tahoe just got a truckload of fresh powder—tis the season for snowmobile treks, chilly swims, mountain-view skydiving, spicy coffees, and icy seafood.
Here are 50 of the best things to do in Lake Tahoe this winter.
(Courtesy of Resort at Squaw Creek)
Get cozy in a fireplace suite.
1. Cross country ski, sled, snowshoe, and ice skate all in one afternoon at Tahoe City Winter Sports Park. // wintersportspark.com
2. Fly like a vampire at Wanderlust Yoga Squaw Valley's aerial yoga classes. // squaw.wanderlustyoga.com
4. Roll the dice at Crystal Bay Club Casino, on the border of California and Nevada. // crystalbaycasino.com
6. Explore the night during moonlight snowshoe hikes and star tours at Squaw Valley Alpine Meadows and The Ritz Carlton, Lake Tahoe. // tahoestartours.com
7. Ski during sunset at the Last Tracks beer and wine events at Diamond Peak. // diamondpeak.com
8. Enjoy wood fired sa'atar chicken and an Oaxacan Old Fashioned at Pioneer Cocktail Club. // pcctahoe.com
9. Have a winter wedding for half the price at Granlibakken Tahoe. // granlibakken.com
12. Want to see more gold? Tour the Golden Chain Highway along the western Sierra. // visitcalifornia.com
17. Taste from a 20-tap wall of wine at Tahoe Pourhouse. // tahoepourhouse.com
18. Get one of the best views of the lake at the winter-only Big Blue View Bar at Homewood. // skihomewood.com
19. Take an icy plunge during Tahoe City's SnowFest! // tahoesnowfest.org
20. Find out why so many Bay Area peeps are moving to Reno-Tahoe. // visitrenotahoe.com
22. Tandem skydive over Carson Valley and Big Blue. // skydivelaketahoe.com
23. Escape the crowds at Kirkwood Mountain Resort. // kirkwood.com
26. Celebrate local food and music at Truckee Tavern & Grill. // truckeetavern.com
27. Bundle up for winter camping along the Tahoe Rim Trail. // trta.org
28. Drink a Picon Punch at JT Basque Bar & Dining Room, in Gardnerville. // jtbasquenv.com
29. Take a spooky hike in the abandoned railway tunnels of Donner Pass. // atlasobscura.com
32. Lose your virginity: January is Learn to Ski and Snowboard Month at several Tahoe resorts. // learntoskiandsnowboard.org
35. Commune with the spirits at Verdi Local Distillery. // verdilocaldistillery.com
37. Felt a gnome at Atelier. // ateliertruckee.com
38. Feel the blues at Squaw's WinterWonderGrass. // winterwondergrass.com
41. Smother your body with an organic maple syrup, cinnamon, and sugar scrub at The Ritz-Carlton, Lake Tahoe spa. // ritzcarlton.com
42. Snap an epic Instagram selfie on a snowmobile tour. // zephyrcove.com
44. Extend your stay with a trip to Mammoth Mountain. // mammothmountain.com
45. Ride the gondola for beer tastings at Heavenly. // skiheavenly.com
46. Slurp it up at The Oyster Bar. // hardrockhotel.com
47. Cut down your own Christmas tree at an Apple Hill farm. // applehill.com
48. Catch a mackinaw on the fastest charter boat on the lake. // fishingintahoe.com
49. Start the day with PB&J at Tunnel Creek Cafe. // tunnelcreekcafe.com
50. Hot tub under the stars at a private A-frame chalet.
This annual feature has been updated for 2018.