Starting October 1, it's going to be illegal to sell plastic water bottles on public property. For now, sports stadiums and food truck vendors are exempt, but seeing that we’re riding a wave of utilitarian chic, there’s no time like the present to BYOB. From curvilinear to charcoal filtered, here are seven water bottles for the discerning zero-waste-aspiring citizen.
1. Black + Blum "eau good" filter water bottle with Japanese binchotan charcoal, $20 each at black-blum.com
3. Swell Insulated Stainless-Steel Water Bottle, $35 at williams-sonoma.com
4. Aquaovo Therm-O Terra Tea/Water Thermos, $35 at amazon.com
5. Dopper Steel detachable bottle and cup in one, $27.50 at amazon.com
6. Seletti glass bottles, $33 each at The Future Perfect (3085 Sacramento Street)
7. Takeya 18 oz silicon and glass bottle, $18 at target.com