Let's face it, briefcases aren't for everyone. In fact, they aren't ideal for most modern men. Enter the rising rucksack: mixing schoolyard nostalgia and vintage design appeal into one hyper-functional bag.
With the busy lifestyle of today's urban gentleman, there's no shame in stashing your gadgetry and goods in a sizeable city pack. We found eight honest designs, packed with details like sensible pockets, leather where it counts, and real buckle fixtures. Put simply, they're a stylish option for day hikes and urban adventures, and they're better for your back, too.
1. Sandqvist Beppe Backpack, $141.45
2. Fjall Raven Kanken 15" Laptop Bag, $110
3. Diesel Tyler Backpack, $225
4. Duluth Canoe Pack, $90
5. ASOS Coney Island Mesh Backpack, $62.67
6. Marc by Marc Jacobs Leather Trimmed Backpack, $348
7. Archival Clothing Rucksack, $260
8. Filson Rucksack, $260
Lily Ko (lily.7x7 @ gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is an editor at SF Station, works as a freelance stylist and covers food, fashion and fun on her blog, Curated SF.