While Flour+Water's homemade pasta is arguably some of the best, we sometimes find ourselves impatient for dessert, which always means chocolate budino.
The decadent pudding has been on the menu since day one, and now you can DIY at home.
Chocolate Budino (Serves 10)
7 oz. bittersweet chocolate
1.5 oz. milk chocolate
2 C cream
1/2 C whole milk
6 egg yolks
1/3 C sugar
1. Melt chocolates over a double boiler.
2. Warm milk until it gently simmers.
3. In a separate large bowl, whisk together yolks and sugar, then slowly whisk in warm milk.
4. Strain yolk/milk mixture into chocolate and whisk together.
5. Heat half of the cream, bring to a simmer and whisk into chocolate/milk mixture. Once combined, add remaining cream and whisk until smooth.
6. Pour mixture into 8oz. ramekins, then bake at 300 degrees in a water bath for 40 minutes.
7. Let cool completely, then chill in refridgerator for at least two hours.
8. Sprinkle with Maldon sea salt and top with a quenelle of espresso cream (optional, but delicious; recipe below).
Espresso Cream (Serves 10)
2 C heavy cream
1/4 C sugar
2 T ground espresso
1. Place sugar in a pot and add about a tablespoon of water, just enough to make a wet sand consistency.
2. Brown sugar over medium high heat. Do not stir.
3. In a separate small pot, bring cream to a simmer.
4. When sugar reaches a dark amber color, add ground espresso and whisk in warm cream. Bring mixture to a simmer, whisking often.
5. Once all caramel is dissolved, strain through a chinois and cool completely. It is best to do this process the day before the cream is going to be whipped.
6. Use a whisk and whip to stiff peaks and serve.
Omar Mamoon is the founder of Dough & Co.