Even though the Bay Bridge continues to be an apocalypse zone, it's nonetheless a lovely Friday in the city, which means time for the Eater Wrap, the weekly recap from Eater SF on all the crucial happenings in and around the local restaurant scene. All the cool kids are reading it.
1) Just like that (poof!), the Chevy's in the Embarcadero Center went away after 20 years. But don't cry because it's gone; be happy it ever existed.
2) The early reception on Hubert Keller's Burger Bar has been mixed, to say the least. But the good news is that there are decent burgers, sexy underwear and old French men there.
3) And now there's going to be Top Chef for pastry chefs. Exactly what America needs!
4) Come December, there will be myriad changes in the Baobab Empire on 19th and Mission. The quick version: Bissap Baobab will move, Bollyhood Cafe will cease to exist and a bar/lounge is rumored for Mission Street.
6) This week's Top Chef Vegas recap: "This prick is big and getting bigger.."
7) Popular Marina and Pac Heights hangout The Grove is venturing south for its third location. South of Market, to be precise.