The Bay Area is home to world-famous bridges. Here are the top 7, ranked.
7. Carquinez Bridge (northbound): Sad, ugly twin to its prettier westbound sister. Alas.
6. Dumbarton Bridge: The name says it all. Not one of our favorites.
4. Carquinez (southbound): Sleek bridge, yes, but you can also see the C&H Sugar factory from it. Sweeeeet.
3. Bay Bridge (eastern span): A stunner, yes. But also an attempt at replicating Santiago Calatrava's sundial bridge in Reddin. Still, though, we give it high marks for unabashed modernity. Well done.
2. Golden Gate Bridge: So fabulous and (obviously) world-famous, even deer like it.