Cap & Gown: A Celebration of the First in Family to Graduate From College
San Francisco-based college access program First Graduate, will host an evening of celebration honoring the accomplishments of inspiring youth who are working hard to become the first in their families to graduate from college. The sixth annual 2011 Cap & Gown gala will take place on May 6 from 6-10 pm at San Francisco City Hall.
This year's event is particularly special because the program's very first college graduates will be toasted --a perfect way to commemorate First Graduate's ten year landmark.
In addition, the 'First in Family Award' will be handed to Bobbi Silten, chief foundation officer at Gap Inc. Besides heading the Gap Foundation, as CFO, Silten oversees Gap Inc.'s work creating opportunities for undeserved youth and women. Silten is a first-generation college graduate and serves as an example of the opportunities and success that are made possible with a college degree.
While live music plays throughout the night, enjoy sips at the open bar reception and indulge in gourmet hors d'oeuvres and a gorgeous buffet.
- SF GIRL(S): Why SF College Graduates Have It Made
- SF GIRL(S): Financially Surviving San Francisco as a College Kid
- San Francisco Film Society Gala Fundraiser
- Tonight After Work, Stop By Candystore Collective to Celebrate Creative, Inc.
- Hot Docs and Family Secrets Abound at San Francisco Jewish Film Festival