French Films Get Ready to Roll in Sacramento
There are many fine film festivals in our state, which doesn't surprise; California does, after all, make a movie or two from time to time, or so we hear. But the specialized film festival is a rarer event. Still, the Golden State is home to many parties feting a particular theme or country. And one of the best? The Sacramento French Film Festival. It's billed as "the second largest French Film Festival on the West Coast," meaning that it screens an interesting array of shorts and features. But it isn't simply about sticking a reel up on a projector and dimming the lights; SFFF has special nights and tributes throughout its week-plus one. One we're looking forward to? A Tribute to French Actresses by author Mick LaSalle, who coincidentally has a book out about women in French cinema. That's on Saturday, June 16 and Sunday, June 17.
Click here for all the details on the French film festival!
- Filmgoers Get Ready: The SF International Film Festival Hits Screens Next Week
- Get Ready, Film Festival Season Starts NOW
- Get Ready for the Napa Valley Film Festival, Kicking Off November 7
- Chester French Gets Things Going on Treasure Island
- French Fairytale Pelleas & Melisande Gets a Fresh Translation