Get Your Drink on at Exploratorium's Science of Cocktails Event
The Exploratorium knows how to throw a party, and for the third year, they've turned their annual fundraising event (100% of proceeds from the event go to the museum's programming) into a grand 'ole time.
Thanks to the continued popularity of the now widespread mixology movement, everyone's getting behind the science of the drink. Learn the physics, chemistry, and biology about everything from alcohol's components and cocktail creation to inebriation and the dreaded hangover—all while sipping a martini, of course. SF's best mixers—Bloodhound's Brandon Josie, Ricky Paiva and Russell Davis of Rickhouse, former Rye bartender Doug Williams, and more—will be on hand to concoct a killer combo.
Your ticket includes comped cocktails at 10 bars, a gourmet food buffet, and special to-be-announced activities. Upgrade to VIP, and get a 30-minute head start, plus access to a top-shelf VIP lounge, molecular mixology demos, and a goodie bag. What are you waiting for?
$120-$185; 7:30-11 p.m., Thursday, January 26; 3601 Lyon St., exploratorium.edu
- Get Inside Your Head at the Exploratorium
- This Week's Hottest Events: SF Ballet, Science of Cocktails, and Macworld
- This Week's Hottest Events: Science of Cocktails, Andy Warhol Polaroids, and a Snow White Fashion Show
- This Week's Hottest Events: Dogpatch Microhood, Woodcraft Weekend, and the Science of Cocktails
- She Blinded Me with Science: Exploratorium Awards Dinner