Museum of Craft & Design Reopening
The Museum of Craft and Design had its grand reopening after a year-long relocation effort to a new and bigger struction in the historic American Industrial Center building, in the heart of San Francisco's Dogpatch district. Art enthusiasts gathered for a lovely private preview reception to enjoy dazzling exhibits, jovial mingling, and a chilled glass of wine. A feature of this amazing new establishment is the museum's first dedicated educational workshop and programming space.
This museum is unique in that it does not collect work—instead, they are either creating their own exhibitions or hosting traveling exhibitions—all in an effort to always present spectacular works of craft and design.
The Museum of Craft and Design is now open to the general public, and invites you to explore their dazzling new space and engaging rotation of exhibits.
Museum of Craft and Design, 2569 Third Street, San Francisco, sfmcd.org
Photos | Drew Altizer Photography
- Lifting The Craft Bar At Museum Of Craft & Folk Art
- Next Weekend's American Craft Council Show Rivals the Coolness of Outside Lands
- Etsy Craft Labs Celebrates Its One Year Anniversary @ Museum of Craft & Folk Art
- Back to School: Fall Arts, Crafts and Cooking Classes and Lectures
- 7x7's Art+Design Issue Celebration at Museum of Craft and Design