Photos: MATCHA at Asian Art Museum: Phantoms Arise!
On Thursday, June 28, Phantoms arose at MATCHA's Phantom's of Asia event. Guests entered the lively atmosphere with tunes flowing from DJ Vin Sol. Drag performances and contemporary art filled the fantastic night. Gypsy Gentleman, a web-based documentary series exploring the history and art of tattoos, kicked off the night. Following that was Litquake, where poets such as Justin Chin and Paul Hoover drifted through the museum channeling spiritual and supernatural forces of Phantoms of Asia.
With a young, professional crowd, MATCHA knows just how to host a night to remember. The night ended on a terrific note when MATCHA took it up a notch with a special Trannyshack awe-inspiring performance, exploding into a dance party into the night.
Check out the Asian Art Museum online or at 200 Larkin Street, San Francisco.
Photos couresy of Quincy Stamper
- Photos: Phantoms of Asia Preview Party at the SF Asian Art Museum
- PHOTOS: Asian Art Matcha: Taking Up Space
- Photos: Matcha at Asian Art Musuem Celebrates Sensuality
- Photos: Artpoint's Masked Ball for the Masters of Venice at the de Young Museum
- Photos: Paris Is Burning: ArtPoint’s Annual Bastille Day Party