Photos: SF Firefighters Celebrate Fox Entertainment's 'Million Moments'
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment's "Million Moments: Great Moments, Great Causes" mobile van tour – a 14-week, 18-city tour of the lower 48 states – arrived at AT&T Park on Wednesday, July 6, to donate 10,000 DVDs to the San Francisco Firefighters Toy Program. The donation ceremony took place just before the Giants celebrated their annual Fire Fighter Appreciation Day with an extra-inning 6-5 win over the San Diego Padres.
During the tour, Fox intends to donate a million DVDs to charities including local hospitals, Boys & Girls clubs and the Ronald McDonald House. In each city, fans will be granted a rare opportunity to recreate classic moments from movies like Die Hard, There's Something About Mary, Little Miss Sunshine and Home Alone, filmed against a giant green screen. Wardrobe selections and props inspired by the films are provided to help participants get into character.
Captured above: some of San Francisco's finest accepting Fox's donation and acting out scenes from Walk the Line, My Cousin Vinny and Home Alone. All photos by Laura Morton.
- Photos: SF Entertainment Commission's Ninth Anniversary Celebration
- Photos: Matcha at Asian Art Musuem Celebrates Sensuality
- Photos: 7x7's Design Issue Celebration at McLoughlin Gallery
- Photos: 7x7 Celebrates The Joys of Travel at Coda Jazz Supperclub
- Photos: Symphonix Celebration at Tiffany & Co. 2011