Playland at the Conservatory of Flowers: Dazzling Miniature Displays for Kids
This is our weekly guest-blog post from the moms behind Red Tricycle, a site that focuses on the "lighter side" of parenting. Every week, they'll be bringing us their picks of stuff to do around the Bay Area with kids.
It’s hard to believe a seaside amusement park once existed in San Francisco’s West End, twirling carnival-goers on the Big Dipper and shooting them up on the Diving Bell. This legendary amusement park, Playland at the Beach, embodied the strange, wacky, and fun-filled carnival scene of another era, and now, the former seaside park lives on, in miniature, as the new Garden Railway exhibit at the Conservatory of Flowers. It’s one more reason to bring the kids back to Golden Gate Park.
- The Big, Bad World of Wicked Plants Show at Conservatory of Flowers
- Superhero Weekend at Playland-Not-at-the-Beach
- Oysters and Mustard Flowers: Escape Plan for Tomales Bay
- Is Fisherman's Wharf Less Lame When It's Miniature?
- The Week’s Hottest Events: MGMT, Summer & The Symphony Finale with Chris Noth (aka Mr. Big) and the Miniature Tigers