Public Bikes Poster Design Show Opens Tonight at CCA
The local bike shop invited 27 international artists to create posters reflecting their interpretations of the word "public" for a group show that will go on tour, next to NYC (with future cities to come).
The distinguished artist roster includes Roz Chast, Maira Kalman, Milton Glasser, and nine Bay Area designers: Kit Hinrichs, Michael Mabry, Jeremy Mende, Jason Munn, Jason Schulte, Michael Schwab, Jennifer Sterling, Volume Inc., and CCA Dean of Design (and alum) Michael Vanderbyl.
The opening will also have complimentary bike valet, and what kind of party would it be without a few nibbles and libations? Check out the site for full details on early-bird prizes, how to RSVP and more.
Public Works Opening at SPUR (654 Mission St.), October 23, 6pm-8pm. Exhibition will be on display through October 26.
Lily Ko (lily7x7 @gmail.com) studied fashion design and merchandising at Central Saint Martins and the Academy of Art University. In addition to writing for 7x7, Lily is on the creative team at Pottery Barn, and works as a freelance stylist, writer, and designer.
- 7 Spring Fashion Shows You Don't Want to Miss
- This Week in Fashion: Chanel Lovers at Simply Chic, Public Bikes' 1 Year Party, Banana Republic and Trina Turk Fashion Show, Styling the Modern Man + More
- Osborne/Woods Poster Show at Gravel & Gold
- Exhibits To Catch On First Thursday
- Potrero Hill Gets A New Art Addition