The SF International Film Festival is Just Around the Corner
For film fanatics and everyone interested in the arts and astounding creativity–so, basically all San Franciscans–two of the best weeks of the year are just around the corner. On April 25th, the SF International Film Festival begins, and the fun doesn't stop until May 9.
In 2013, they'll deliver the most cutting-edge, unexpected batch of full-length feature films, documentaries, shorts ever. You can expect full-on cinematic innovation and marquee premieres, international competitions, new media programs, and star-studded events – including expected guests filmmaker Steven Soderbergh (!), actor/director Sarah Polley, awardee Philip Kaufman, new works by Richard Linklater and historical archivist extraordinaire Rick Prelinger, and the world premiere of a new score for the silent film Waxworks by legendary musician Mike Patton, Scott Amendola, Matthias Bossi and William Winant.
There's something for everyone, thanks to fact that the program features 200 films and events of international and local distinction that you'll likely be catching before a lot of the rest of the country! And we are honored to sponsor the fantastic Centerpiece film Inequality for All, an Inconvenient Truth for the US economy.
Buy tickets and see full-line up at festival.sffs.org.
- SF International Animation Festival's Cartoons Aren't Just For Kids
- Indie Theater Roundup: 14 Films To See at the 52nd San Francisco International Film Festival
- Enter to Win: SF International Film Festival's Centerpiece Film & Party
- Filmgoers Get Ready: The SF International Film Festival Hits Screens Next Week
- San Francisco International Film Festival to Honor Animator Don Hertzfeldt