10 Years of Valet Parking on Mission Street. Foreign Cinema Celebrates
Has it been only 10 years since the Mission first started to hyper-gentrify? I remember directing a gaggle of Marina blondes to Mission street, after they disembarked from their taxi on Valencia. Their destination? Foreign Cinema, the first Mission spot to offer valet parking.
And Foreign Cinema will celebrate its staying power on August 20th with a 10th Anniversary Party.
To ring in a new decade of al fresco film fare and fresh muddled mint mojitos, the bash will include live music, magicians, dancers, acrobats, and a greatest hits of menus past and signature cocktails.
Additionally, 16 local artists will be designing the base of skateboards to be auctioned at the August 20th party. These skateboards will be on display from through August 18th, next door at Laszlo Bar.
Auction proceeds and ticket proceeds will help support DrawBridge, a non-profit organization committed to providing creative art programs for homeless youth.
- Foreign Cinema: Divided Attention-Span Theater for Multitasking Eaters and Watchers (and Frameline Absentees)
- Celebrate Obama's Inauguration Without Spending $400,000
- Happy 200th B-Day, Darwin! Celebrate with the Cal Academy
- It's 1995 All Over Again on Valencia Street
- Film Night in the Park: A Good Excuse to Cuddle