Bravo 30 Benefit Celebrates The Lorraine Hansberry Theatre This Saturday
The spirit of pioneer playwrite Lorraine Hansberry, who wrote A Raisin in the Sun and helped the civil rights movement in the early 60s, lives on in San Francisco at the Lorraine Hansberry Theatre. This year the theatre turns 30 and is celebrating with the Bravo 30 Benefit this Saturday, October 16 at the St. Francis Hotel.
It's pivotal place for local culture that strives to preserve the excellence in the African American theatre community, and several key players like Lorraine's daughter Mamie Hansberry will be mixing with the crowd at the silent auction, cocktail reception and lavish three-course dinner. Grab tickets here and help the Lorraine Hansberry Theatre thrive the next 30 years!
777 Jones St., (415) 474-8800.
- The Black Nativity: A Gospel Celebration of Christmas
- White Caps & Night Caps Annual Event To Benefit St. Francis Memorial Hospital
- ¡Viva Muralismo! Gala & Art Auction This Saturday to Benefit Precita Eyes
- Black Francis Celebrates the Birthday of The Pixies' 'Doolittle' With A Pair of Bay Area Shows
- Conan O'Brien's Rescheduled Sketchfest This Saturday @ Herbst Theatre