Get Surreal at the Exploratorium Tonight
Art meets science at tonight's Exploratorium event. This week's After Dark program gets wild as the museum transforms into a Mad Hatter's tea party. Except, instead of tea, you'll be sipping beer and wine. And, instead of getting lost in Alice's Wonderland, you'll hobnob with the ghosts of painter's past in a café de Paris setting.
What's real and what's an illusion? We're all familiar with René Magritte's painting of a pipe labeled "Ceci n’est pas une pipe." This is not a pipe. Through the mind of artists, you'll be challenged to contemplate perception and reality while you consider the science of imaginary solutions.
Bonus: Come dressed as your favorite surrealist—I'm envisioning a sea of Dalí 'staches—and get $5 off your ticket if you purchase at the door.
When: Thurs. 2/3, 6 - 10 p.m.
Where: The Exploratorium, 3601 Lyon St.
- Chill Out At The Exploratorium's After Dark on Meditation
- This Week's Hottest Events: Pat Benatar, The Wailers, and Exploratorium After Dark
- Photos: Skateboard Science @ the Exploratorium After Dark Series
- The Exploratorium Goes Adult with "After Dark" Tonight
- Get Your Drink on at Exploratorium's Science of Cocktails Event