Gorillaz Jam in CGI at the San Francisco International Animation Festival
It’s no secret that SF’s cityslickers love animation, but the Fifth Annual San Francisco International Animation Festival takes its urban cred to a new level by combining the imaginative works of the animation industry with alterna-pop lyrics and videos. At this four-day event, you’ll see the Gorillaz video for “Stylo” (the first single off Plastic Beach), in which the band will jam onscreen in CGI for the first time. And The Decemberists’ latest, The Hazards of Love, is no longer just for the ears—the entire album will be presented with coinciding animated films. From CGI to Claymation and cutout, it all comes to life on the big screen this Thursday.
The animation festival runs Nov. 11–14 at Landmark's Embarcadero Center Cinema. Full schedule here.
- San Francisco International Film Festival to Honor Animator Don Hertzfeldt
- Photos: Opening Night at the San Francisco International Film Festival
- Indie Theater Roundup: 7 Movies to See at the 53rd San Francisco International Film Festival
- San Francisco's International LGBT Film Festival Opens Tonight
- 7 Picks from Week Two of the San Francisco International Film Festival