Jim Marshall showcases rock legends in "Trust"
Renowned photographer Jim Marshall is unveiling a new series of rock legend photos in the new book, Trust: Photographs of Jim Marshall, and the San Francisco native is appearing at Corte Madera's Book Passage tomorrow for an exclusive signing. Trust includes many rare images and showcases some of the world's greatest musicians since the late Fifties. Marshall has had the pleasure of photographing stars like Miles Davis, Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan, The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, The Rolling Stones, Janis Joplin, The Who, and Velvet Revolver. A chief photographer at Woodstock, Marshall was also the only photographer allowed backstage at the Beatles' final concert, and has shot dozens of magazine features and over 500 album covers. Meet the man behind the lens tomorrow, November 3, at Corte Madera's Book Passage at 7 PM. 51 Tamal Vista Blvd., Corte Madera, CA 94925. (415) 927-0960, bookpassage.com.
- Serena Ryder Helps Hard Rock Ring in 25 Years
- Rock Out for a Good Cause at the Boom Boom Room
- Behind-The-Scenes Jim Marshall Photos of Johnny Cash's Folsom Prison Concert on View @ SF Arts Exchange
- Chronicle Books Releases 'Pocket Cash,' Jim Marshall's Final Book
- Ranger Dave Tweets, Outside Lands Fans Follow