Lewis Black Goes Uncensored at the Herbst for Litquake
In the ramp up to Litquake (SF's literary festival, perhaps best known for it's rowdy pub crawl) 10th Anniversary this October comes a gaggle of fundraisers this summer. First up: Lewis Black, the curmudgeon’s curmudgeon. Black, who does the semi-irregular “Back in Black” segment on the Daily Show, has made a name for himself by mixing one part political insight with two parts yelling. This Sunday, he'll be at the Herbst Theater uncensored (meaning, no Comedy Central execs to bleep out his swear words). Along with comedian/radio host Marc Maron, Black will rail against the machine and rip the American mind-set a new one.
For the rest of this summer's Litquake fundraises, check here.
- Nuns, Nazis and Pedophiles: And the Oscar goes to…
- Brian Copeland's "Not A Genuine Black Man" Returns A.B. (After Barack)
- Litquake This Week: Surf Lit, Tales of Hollywood Hell, Jonathan Lethem and Lit Crawl
- The Lincoln Bicentennial: As Danced About By Bill T. Jones
- What's Opera, Doc? Bugs goes to the Symphony