SF Arts Commission's Passport 2010 Event Kicks Off This Weekend
Hayes Valley will come alive this Sunday, October 10th from 10 am to 4 pm, with the SF Arts Commission's Passport 2010 event, one of the best ways to experience art in the city. Guests can purchase $25 "passports" (which are gorgeous, custom-designed Moleskine notebooks donated by Chronicle Books), and follow a map to receive artist-designed stamps at various Hayes Valley locations.
Home base is at Patricia's Green park (at Hayes and Octavia), where you can look for 7x7's table, sign up to win prizes, munch on $1 hot dogs and pick up all the supplies you'll need for this grown up scavenger hunt.
The event's kick off party is Saturday night at Rickshaw Stop from 6 to 9 pm, where guests can grab their passports early, pile into a photo booth run by photographer and Passport 2010 artist Sean McFarland or a video kissing booth (gasp!) run by visual artist Suzanne Husky, plus dance beats by DJ Nuxx. The icing on the cake are the many local shops also offering cool deals on merchandise in honor of Passport 2010. See you all there!
Larger image here.
- Derek Lam-Hosted SF Fall Antiques Show Kicks Off This Weekend
- 8th Annual Altered Barbie Exhibition Kicks off @ 50 Shotwell Studios This Month
- Get Your Limited-Edition Art Book at the SF Arts Commission's Passport Event
- Debaser's Dance Party Will Kick Off Your Halloween Weekend Right
- Zhang Huan's 26-Foot, Three-Headed, Six-Armed Buddhist Statue Coming to the Civic Center