Teatro ZinZanni: Psychedelic Cabaret + Steak
Longtime purveyors of quirky vaudeville, Teatro ZinZanni lures veterans from Cirque du Soleil and Moulin Rouge to create an intimate circus with aerialists in lingerie, tap dancing waiters, orgasmic cherries, tightrope-walking bears, and tasty soup.
Teatro ZinZanni's latest incarnation is a swirl of color and motion and personality - and personality doesn't come any more colorful than Kevin Kent and his genius for comic improv. Serving as ringmaster, Kent plays cunning-spy-turned-obsessive-chef, carrying the show along with him as he polishes the bald heads of audience members, crawls underneath tables in search of his next victim, and teaches the subtle art of seduction while decked out in Marie Antoinette On Acid garb.
And you'll love every minute of it - especially the moment when you get to sit back down (minus the dress), eat your steak, and watch svelte women climb poles and silks to spin from the ceiling.
Through March 6. Pier 29, The Embarcadero at Battery Street. Tickets are $117-145 at 415-438-2668 and www.zinzanni.org.
- The "Burning Man Opera" at Teatro ZinZanni: Let Your Freak Flag Fly
- Joan Baez Does Teatro Zinzanni
- Interview with an Opera Diva and Teatro Zinzanni’s Final Show at Pier 39
- Teatro Zinzanni's Spiegeltent: Where the "Whatever Happened To's?" Are Happening
- Teatro Zinzanni's "On The Air" Captures the Glory Days Of Radio