Three-Day Sausalito Film Festival Returns Tonight with 'The Dry Land'
After the rousing success of last year's inaugural festival – an affordable, star-studded three-day event at picturesque Cavallo Point – the second Sausalito Film Festival kicks off tonight at the Callippe Theater and Ballroom with the Bay Area premiere of The Dry Land, writer-director Ryan Piers Williams' story of war veteran returning from Iraq to rebuild the life he left behind in small-town Texas.
A pre-screening reception will be held at 6:30 p.m., with Williams and stars America Ferrera (TV's Ugly Betty) and Wilmer Valderamma (Fast Food Nation) on hand to present the main attraction at 7:30. A post-screening discussion will follow. Included in the cost of each ticket are drinks and gourmet treats from Cavallo Point's Murray Circle restaurant. For more information, including prices and showtimes, visit the festival's official site.
- Chronicle Books' Three-Day Summer Warehouse Sale Starts...Now!
- Film Festival Highlight: Laura Poitras’ ‘The Oath’ Debuts Tonight at the Pacific Film Archive
- San Francisco's Irish Film Festival Returns to the Roxie Tonight
- Mill Valley Film Festival Opens Tonight with 'The Boys Are Back'
- Sidewalk Chic: Polished Flair in SoMa