Drink Here Now: 5 Places to Sip This Week
1. Mission Rock Resort Opens: The newest spot from the owners of MoMo's and Pete's Tavern, located in the former Kelly's Mission Rock Cafe off 3rd Street in the Dogpatch, has plenty to offer: Sizable decks, gorgeous bay views, regular sunshine, and pre- or post-Giants game convenience. The cocktail menu includes approachable concoctions like the Pearry Francois (pear vodka, ginger liqueur, St. Germain, sauvignon blanc, housemade ginger beer; $11) and the Kappa's Fire Island (pisco, pineapple, cilantro, serrano chile; $11), and for weekend brunch, they're offering $16 bottomless mimosas (with your choice of orange, grapefruit, cranberry, or pineapple juice). Play ball. Daily, 11 a.m.-11 p.m., 817 Terry A. Francois Blvd., Dogpatch.
2. $1 Oysters at Boxing Room: Boxing Room, the nouveau-Cajun spot in Hayes Valley (pictured above), is introducing a weekday happy hour for shoppers and the workday lunchtime crowd, featuring the crown jewel of SF happy hour crawlers: $1 oysters. Wash 'em down with a $5 glass of Avinyo cava or your choice of three $5 Abita beers: Abita Amber, Jockamo IPA, or Turbodog brown ale. If you want to stay for lunch, they're also offering a $15 plate lunch special, which includes a daily stew or sandwich, salad, dessert, and a housemade drink, and can be taken to go. Monday-Friday, 11:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., plate lunch ends at 3 p.m., at Boxing Room, 399 Grove St., Hayes Valley.
3. Rewinery's Deliriously Happy Hour: We've already brought you up to speed on Rewinery, which delivers wine to your door or park blanket via bicycle, but tomorrow afternoon, they're sweetening the pot even further: order a bottle of wine between 1 and 5 pm, and they'll deliver it to you for just $5. The caveats: the type of wine is a surprise (though they promise it'll be a boutique label, not Two-Buck Chuck), they'll only take cash, and quantities are limited. Get your ordering fingers a-typin' right here. Thursday, 1-5 p.m., at Rewinery.com.
4. Northstar Cafe's 11th Anniversary: Popular North Beach dive bar Northstar is turning 11 years old this weekend, and to celebrate, they're throwing a pig roast, with the proceeds from each $10 ticket benefiting leukemia and lymphoma research in honor of the late Tim Taitt, a former Northstar bartender. As for drinks, the bar will offer happy hour prices all day long, with $3 draft beers and well cocktails. Saturday, August 18, 3-9 p.m., at Northstar Cafe, 1560 Powell St., North Beach.
5. Presidio Social Club's Clambake: For the third year in a row, Presidio Social Club is hosting a New England-style Sunday clambake, complete with lobster rolls, corn on the cob, and steamed clams and mussels. To accompany the seafood, they'll have $5 Cape Cod and Madras cocktails and draft beer from 4-6 pm. Everyone's encouraged to wear their best New England clothes (think gingham and seersucker). Can't make the party? PSC's also offering a $38 clambake dinner every Monday night through October, with a Boston Bibb lettuce salad, a half lobster, steamed clams and mussels with corn and potatoes, and Boston cream pie for dessert. Sunday, August 19, 3-7 p.m., at Presidio Social Club, 563 Ruger St., Presidio.