Seven Reasons to Hit Up La Mar Cebicheria's New Brunch!
The famed La Mar Cebicheria Peruana in San Francisco just rolled out their new weekend brunch menu, which showcases authentic Peruvian flavors mixed with a little bit of this and a little bit of that from all over the world for a completely new style of delicious daytime dining. With their seriously amazing back deck overlooking the entire bay and tasty Peruvian bloody marys to chase your demons away, you've got a new brunch destination on your hands.
Here are seven reasons to head to La Mar Cebicheria for your next weekend brunch adventure:
1. It's within walking distance to AT&T Park. Located on Pier 1.5 on the Embracadero just past the Ferry Building, La Mar is the perfect pre-game spot before diving into a Giants game with your friends. Trust us, you'll need those hearty bloody marys (some are made with octopus!) before downing a few beers in the stands.
2. It's perfect for fueling up after visiting the Ferry Plaza Farmers Market. Once you've ravaged the farm stands of all their amazing produce and goodies, you can head next door to La Mar and be inspired by their unique and inventive menu that combines bold Peruvian flavors with exotic Asian ones.
3. It's an unexpected Mother's Day brunch choice. Mom's Day is right around the corner (May 12th!), so make a reservation at La Mar. We'll bet it's not every day she gets to taste dishes like Montadito Burrata (grilled artisan Acme bread topped with fresh burrata cheese, pisco, and aji amarillo sautéed mushrooms and a quail egg), or Coles De Bruselas (Brussels sprouts and cauliflower sautéed with garlic and huacatay, mixed with jalapeño goat cheese, served with fried kale and crowned with aji panca bacon candy).
4. It's wedding season, which means you'll need to plan brunches and get-togethers for your pals getting married. La Mar is spacious and has a bustling, fun atmosphere, which means it's great for big parties.
5. It's also graduation season, and taking your graduation party to some place new and different is a superb way to celebrate all your accomplishments. La Mar features decadent dishes like Chicharrón (traditional Peruvian pan con chicharrón, pork belly sous vide, sweet potato and yucca fries served with huancaina, criolla and tartar sauces and Acme rolls) and Lomo Saltado (traditional Peruvian style stir-fry of beef tenderloin; sautéed with onions, tomatoes, cilantro, garlic and soy sauce, topped with a fried egg served with fried potatoes and rice) that'll make you feel like you're splurging without emptying your wallet.
6. The view from their bayside back deck is A-plus. You can watch the ships and sailboats cruise along the bay, marvel at the enormity of the Bay Bridge (if you go at night, the Bay Lights will dazzle you!), or just take in the sounds of seagulls and the tide–all while you brunch! And during America's Cup, you'll have a front row seat to all the action.
7. You can eat a fabulous meal and avoid the ensuing food coma. La Mar's inimitable cebiche menu showcases the freshest seafood, flavors, and spice you won't get anywhere else. Forget all that fried, heavy brunch fare you're used to–whether it's the clásico, mixto, nikei, or all three, you'll fill up on fresh, healthy fish marinated in their special "leche de tigre" concoction and feel great because of it.