Wexler's: Cal-Q? (Just Don't Call It Friday's)
Oh, the joy of being a restaurant publicist in a city where a BBQ joint is never just a BBQ joint—chefs opening places where "BBQ is the end product but it’s not the marquee."
Watch the video below to see chef Charlie Kleinman of the soon-to-be Wexler's explaining his BBQ-but-different concept to Jared Rivera of Rivera P.R.
Now, the kicker: How to explain his restaurant concept in one sentence or less. Any takers? (As an editor, I'd disagree. Symantics are everything.) But let it be said right here and now: Wexler's is NOT a rib shack!
(Plus, own wine and spirits editor, and Austin native, Jordan Mackay recently traveled to the best pits of Texas. Read all about it on Tablehopper.)
- The Wexler's Motto: Smoke 'Em If You've Got 'Em
- Don't Call It Minerally: Geologists Call Bull On Terroir
- Don't Call It Sweet: Germain Robin's Absinthe Has No Sugar Added
- RN74 Has a World-Class Cellar and Somms in Jeans, But Don't Call It a Wine Bar
- Don't Buy Art, Buy Drinks: Friday at Alembic and Beretta