You Can Relax Now--Angostura Bitters Are Back!
Okay, everybody, you can relax now. Your Manhattans and Old Fashioneds are going to be okay. If you didn't know it, we were in the midst of an Angostura bitters shortage due to a strike in Trinidad & Tobago where the stuff is manufactured. People had been worried. Evidently, the US is the world's biggest consumer of Angostura bitters, drinking the equivalent of about 750,000 four-ounce bottles or equivalents annually. I know that Duggan McDonnell, proprietor of Cantina, had gone around the Bay Area, buying up the remaining bottles he could find at Bevmos, in case the shortage was to be prolonged.
Well, we can all breathe a little bit easier now. Neyah White of Nopa blogs "I received the following from Angostura today. Looks like the drought is over." Go here to read the note he got.
- The Secret to Great Whiskey Cocktails: Whiskey Barrel Bitters
- Why Have Sam Adams When You Can Have Speakeasy?
- Hardly Strictly Bluegrass Is Back! Here's What's Cooking With The Food Vendors
- W Hotel's Collaboration with SF Food Truck Chefs is Back!
- Farmers' Market Cocktails: Good. Zucchini Cocktails: Bad.