American Apparel Saga Heats up in the Mission
The brouhaha over the arrival of American Apparel onto Valencia Street has grown in recent days from small rumbles to an all-out hipster vs. hipster verbal slugfest on the local blogs.
Today, SFist wonders whether the Mission is really up in arms over the trendy chain retailer’s plans to infiltrate the neighborhood’s main shopping corridor. That comes after Mission Mission earlier questioned reports that the neighborhood was launching a full-scale fight to stop the retailer from opening its doors. Could the opposition, Mission Mission asks, consist simply of "one dude" claiming to represent the entire community? And it gets even juicier when you realize that one of the most outspoken opponents and a regular contributor to the Stop American Apparel blog is none other than local author and Mission celeb Stephen Elliott.
Who knew cotton basics could involve such high drama?
- Link Love: The $6,837 Scooter Helmet, Fashion’s Best Catchphrases and an Unlikely Tom Boy
- Fashion Mashup: Mission Meets Marina
- Boy Oh Boy: Gifts for Guys
- What’s the Deal: Harputs Market, Ladita Closing Sale, Loomstate T-Shirt Recycling
- What’s the Deal: Atelier Des Modistes, Edo Salon, Harputs Union and more…