Link Love: From Trash to Charity, Chanel Tattoos and Wig Wonders
Juicy bits to start your weekend …
Caught: It was recently discovered that large retailers such as H&M and Wal-Mart have been throwing away unsold merchandise. According to NYT, H&M promised to donate these garments to charities going forward. Talk about power of the press for positive change.
Transfer tattoos and body paint have been all over the runways and Chanel has capitalized on the trend. Elle UK previews their uber feminine offerings that will save us from tacky alternatives.
T Magazine sat down with 23-year-old designer Charlie Le Mindu to talk wigs, human hair accessories, his own signature hairstyle and what it’s like to dress Lady Gaga.
Sassybella reports that First Lady favorite Jason Wu is going digital. He’ll embark on his first non-fashion collaboration with General Imaging to design a line of digital cameras for the style-conscious consumer.
More Mad Men—Janie Bryant, the show’s costume designer, just signed a book deal so you can learn firsthand how to dress the part. (via Fashionista)
Karl shoots a big girl for V magazine’s size issue despite his fat model phobia. (via The Cut)
- Link Love: Fur Fashion, Wigs on the Runway and LED Eyelashes
- Link Love: Spiked Corsets, FashionTweek and Heidi Klum’s Derrière
- Link Love: Strange Accessories, Housewife Madonna, Annie Leibovitz for Kohl’s
- Link Love: Alien Shoes, Sesame Street and Prime Cleavage
- Link Love: Marc’s Red Lips, Philip Treacy’s Footwear and Condé Nast Dating