Nailed: How to Get that Mani-Pedi for Less
We’re all for being fashionably late, but sometimes, it pays to be early. That’s a little piece of wisdom we’ve picked up recently from the bevy of San Francisco day spas and nail salons offering midweek and workday specials to those who can sneak in during off-peak hours.
A few of our favorite places to take attention-deprived cuticles and weary soles this month:
- The specials change each month at loft-like Cocoon Urban Day Spa. In March, you’ll get a free spa manicure (regularly $22) when you come in Tuesday through Friday before 5 p.m. for either a facial or a Cocooning pedicure.
- Here’s a reason to schedule a sudden mid-morning “meeting.” When you zip on over to Zaza in SoMA on a weekday before noon, you can help your hands with a free Refresh-mint mani (regularly $35) when you book a Refresh-mint pedi. Can’t make it in the morning? Receive a free classic mani (regularly $18) with Refresh-mint pedicures scheduled before 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Take thy hands and feet to Russian Hill’s Teashi, where the signature mani-pedi combo will run you $40 (regularly $55) before 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. Mini facials and Brazilians are also discounted during those hours.
- At Inner Sunset beauty spot Aqua Spa, every service except for massage is discounted 20 percent for appointments scheduled Tuesday through Friday between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. Try the 50-minute Aqua manicure (regularly $30) for nourishing dry skin or the hot stone pedicure (regularly $40) for relaxing leg treatment.
- Score a classic mani-pedi combo for $35 (regularly $40) when you book an appointment at Tip Toes Wednesday through Friday before 3 p.m. You’ll also save $10 on facials during those hours.