Runway Recap: Highlights from California College of the Arts Spring Fashion Show
On Friday night, an eager crowd gathered under a tent at the California College of the Arts for the school’s 2010 Senior Fashion Show to watch four- and five-piece collections from 18 graduating seniors head down the runway.
A distinctly artistic thread ran throughout the collections. Instead of an eye toward trends or the commercial, the looks instead revealed a willingness to experiment with textiles and sculpt fabrics into a panoply of diverse shapes and silhouettes. Here, seven looks from the show that we just had to share:
1. Laura Schmits’ imaginative jackets and use of fabrics in various stages of decay caught more than our eyes. At the end of the show, Schmits was honored with an emerging talent award from Surface magazine.
- On the Runway: Art Institute’s Fashion Metamorphosis Show
- Michael Kors Talks Project Runway, Fall Fashion + San Francisco Style
- Green Gala: A Runway Show Amongst the Redwoods at UC Berkeley
- No Gen Art Fresh Faces in Fashion for San Francisco this Year?
- Art Institute Fashion Show: from Refined to Rock ‘N Roll