Where to Shop This Weekend: Goldenbleu Going Out of Business Sale, .meggie. and Lovesick
One reason this weekend stands out: you won’t be able to celebrate Friday the 13th and Valentine’s Day on the same weekend again until 2015. Here are three more:
If you’ve been a fan of Goldenbleu handbags since the San Francisco brand launched in 2004, then take note: this weekend marks the last time you’ll be able to buy the company’s bags, shoes and accessories – ever. After four years in business, the label is saying goodbye for good. The online store is all but empty, but San Francisco dwellers who’d like to pay their last respects in person are in luck. Starting tonight, Goldenbleu will begin unloading the last of its merchandise at up to 90 percent off during its Going Out of Business Sale. Stop by the Mission warehouse before 5 p.m. on Saturday for shoes starting at $10 a pair, $45 boots and bags from $35.
- What: Goldenbleu Going Out of Business Sale
- Where: Goldenbleu Warehouse, 2963 Mission St.
- When: Thu. 7-9 p.m., Fri. 12-7 p.m., Sat. 12-5 p.m.
On Friday evening, skip down to Union Street for the first Girl’s Night event from .meggie. During the open house happy hour event, the sweetly chic Cow Hollow shop will be pouring bubbly, improving your fashion know-how with on-the-spot styling sessions and offering discounts on merchandise. For every $50 spent during the event, you’ll receive a raffle ticket to win such prizes as a leather Hammitt bag worth $430 or a handmade piece of jewelry from the store’s namesake line. Want to be sure you’re present for the raffle? Meggie tells us she plans to draw the winners promptly at 8 p.m.
- What: First .meggie. Girls’ Night
- Where: .meggie., 2277 Union Street, 415-525-3586
- When: Fri., 5 p.m.
On Saturday, put some sizzle into your style at Lovesick. The evening’s main event is a runway show featuring Alexandria von Bromssen’s Hide & Seek lingerie collection and apparel and accessories by Amy Fink, Jasmin Zorlu Millinery, Miss Velvet Cream, Mixer and Simeon Dacumos. Before and after the show, an accompanying trunk sale gives guests the chance to buy directly from such local designers as Fluidance, Kaatje Designs and Kristiana Jewelry.
- What: Lovesick
- Where: Dekker/Muse Studio, 224 6th St.
- When: Sat., doors open at 7 pm., runway show at 9:30 p.m.
- Where to Shop this Weekend: Year-End Sales
- Where to Shop this Weekend: Sales at Barney's, Ambiance and Kweejibo
- Where to Shop this Weekend: The Mission Statement, Elizabeth Charles & Trunk Shows
- Where to Shop this Weekend: Guy Bedarida at Saks, Appel and Frank and Clary Sage Organics
- What's the Deal: Robin Brouillette Closing Sale, $20 Facials + Summer Sales