Where to Shop this Weekend: Guy Bedarida at Saks, Appel and Frank and Clary Sage Organics
Who says the weekend begins on Friday? This week, we’re front-loading our shopping can’t-miss list with three fabulous events taking place today.
Start in Union Square during Guy Bedarida’s afternoon presentation of the John Hardy spring 2009 collection. The creative director and head designer behind the Bali-based fine jewelry company is making a rare visit to San Francisco to meet one-on-one with fans of the brand, whose pieces for men and women rely on traditional Balinese jewelry-making techniques to create such striking signature details as woven metal bands, flattened dot patterning and dragon motifs. Along with offerings for spring the event will showcase pieces from the Bamboo Collection, whose sales support reforestation projects on island and Bali neighbor Nusa Penida. To attend, RSVP to 415-438-5320.
- What: Guy Bedarida at Saks Fifth Avenue
- Where: 384 Post St.
- When: Thursday, March 26, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Next, indulge in jewelry, clothing, gifts and accessories from 70 designers during Appel and Frank Spring into Style. One of City’s longest-running and most popular shopping events featuring Bay Area designers, the evening promises complimentary beauty services and wine, as well as discounted merchandise from such local designers and boutiques as Verrieres & Sako, y & i, All About Cute, Foat Design, Nous Savons, John S. Brana and Rebecca Ciccio. Tickets are two for $10 online and two for $15 at the door, but you can score free admittance to the event when you enter the discount code DESIGNERSF online.
- What: Appel and Frank Spring into Style
- Where: The Regency Center, Sutter Room, 1270 Sutter St.
- When: Thursday, March 26, from 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Indulge in socially-responsible fashion tonight during the kick-off event for Fairtrade in the Spring, a two-week pop-up shop collaboration at Clary Sage Organics featuring spring-summer 2009 collections from eco-minded apparel label Edun and UK-based Nude Skincare. In town for the event is none other than Edun co-founder and designer Ali Hewson, who launched the company with husband Bono in 2005. Hewson will introduce her organic label’s latest and give a short presentation on the importance of fair trade practices. To attend, email firstname.lastname@example.org. Can’t make it tonight? The pop-up shop will remain on display inside the store through April 9.
- What: Edun and Nude Pop-Up Shop at Clary Sage Organics
- Where: 2241 Fillmore St.
- When: Thursday, March 26, from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- What's the Deal: Dailey Method, Clary Sage Organics, The Warehouse Sale and more...
- Inside Lilith: New Pacific Heights Outpost for Feminine French Fashion
- Nesting Instinct: A 400 Square Foot Lower Pacific Heights Apartment
- Sidewalk Chic: Perfect Fit in Union Square
- SF Street Style: Mixed Grays and Contrast Shoes in Union Square